Careers at IFPI
We have a global team of talented employees working collaboratively to represent the interests of the recording industry worldwide.
We aim to excel in all that we do on behalf of our member record companies.
IFPI is committed to equal opportunities and welcomes colleagues from a diverse range of backgrounds.
If you are interested in working at the heart of issues affecting the music industry, in a dynamic, creative environment, find out more about our current career opportunities below.
Current opportunities at IFPI
18 March 2021
IFPI’s Content Protection & Enforcement team is looking for an experienced, proactive, passionate and creative individual to assist with the analysis, mapping and reporting of intelligence relating to the OSINT, CYBINT/DNINT, TECHINT & HUMINT disciplines.
The candidate will identify, collect, interpret, analyse and evaluate data and information obtained from a range of sources and turn it into actionable intelligence to support civil and criminal cases.
The candidate will be asked to produce, or contribute to, reports that contain the analysis and recommendations on next stages of intervention, thereby fulfilling an important role in discussions surrounding strategic and tactical decisions. Working on several cases at a time, the candidate will require excellent communication and organisational skills.
The ideal candidate will be innovative and demonstrate a keen eye for detail with a strong background in supporting – and conducting – internet-based investigations. Knowledge and / or experience of Anti-Piracy would be advantageous.
Candidate should possess, and be able to demonstrate, the following:
- Experience of Microsoft office suite including a good working knowledge of Microsoft Excel & Outlook.
- Ability to produce reports, documents and presentations, as per business requirements, to a high standard.
- Good working knowledge of the internet and its technologies, in particular social media platforms and media streaming.
- Good working knowledge of accessing content online.
- Good organisational skills and ability to work under pressure.
- Knowledge of the intelligence lifecycle.
- Working experience of i2 Analyst Notebook, or other link analysis tools.
- Ability to think logically and objectively.
The following skills would be desirable:
- Knowledge of tradecraft techniques such as masking digital footprint, dark web etc.
- Knowledge of Python/other coding language.
- Good knowledge of internet-based piracy and current threats.
- Knowledge of piracy methodologies.
- Good knowledge of musical genres and current top artists.
Graeme Grant, Director of Content Protection & Enforcement